What is Efamat 600 mg Tablet ?
Efamat 600 mg is prescription medicine that is manufactured by MyLan. It contains “Efavirenz” as an active ingredient. Efamat comes in Tablet form and its each pack contains 30 Tablets. This medicine can be purchased by a patient only against a valid prescription of a healthcare professional. Do not share this HIV medicine with others because it can cause serious side effects to people until the condition is not monitored by a pharmacist.
When is Efamat 600 mg Tablet prescribed ?
Efamat (Efavirenz) is an antiretroviral medicine used for treating human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, which causes the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
How Does Efamat (Efamatenz) Tablet Work ?
Efavirenz belongs to a class of drugs known as non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs). Reverse transcriptase is a part of HIV virus required to infect cells and make more virus. Efavirenz prevents reverse transcriptase from working properly.
Efamat also helps to decrease the amount of HIV in your body so your immune system can work better. This lowers your chance of getting HIV complications (such as new infections, cancer) and improves your quality of life.
What are the storage instructions for Efamat 600 mg ?
Patients must properly store the drug to retain its quality and efficacy. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
• Store Efavirenz at 25°C (77°F); excursion permitted to 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
• Consider storing your medications separately from your other family members. This will make it less likely that you take the wrong ones by mistake.
• Make sure to always keep your medicine in an area of your home that is out of the reach of children and pets.
• Store in the original container. Do not use it if the original seal over the container opening is broken or missing.
• Store Efamat in a dry place (Not in bathroom). Improper storage can affect the effectiveness and shelf life of your medicine.
In order to legally purchase this medicine from DrugsSquare, you’ll require a prescription from your Registered Medical Practitioner.
The information provided here is for general educational purposes only and does not constitute medical or pharmaceutical advice which should be sought from qualified medical and pharmaceutical advisers.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children and away from pets, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.