Jardiance 25 mg Uses
Type 2 diabetes is a common condition that causes the level of sugar (glucose) in the blood to become too high. Type 2 diabetes affects millions of people worldwide. Over time, high blood sugar levels can increase the risk of serious complications, including heart disease, blindness, and nerve and kidney damage.
Jardiance 25 mg is an oral medication that is prescribed for people with type 2 diabetes. It’s used to:
• improve blood sugar levels, in combination with proper diet and exercise
• reduce the risk of cardiovascular death in people with heart disease in addition to type 2 diabetes
How Jardiance Empagliflozin 25 mg Tablet Works
This antidiabetic medicine is classified as an SGLT-2 (sodium-glucose cotransporter-2) inhibitor. In type 2 diabetes, the body accumulates extra sugar – due to the effect of a substance in the kidneys known as SGLT2. The SGLT2 proteins are responsible for 90 percent of the glucose that is reabsorbed into the blood. Jardiance 25mg (Empagliflozin) blocks SGLT2 so that excess sugar (on average 78 grams/day) is excreted in the urine. This makes it easier to control blood sugar.
How Long Does it Take to Work?
The beneficial effect on your blood sugar levels may begin quickly, within the first 1 to 2 weeks. According to clinical studies, it can take up to 24 weeks for the full therapeutic results with Jardiance (Empagliflozin 25 mg) treatment, based on clinical studies. Your results may be different from other patients, so check with your doctor about your progress in maintaining control of your type 2 diabetes if you have a concern. After 24 weeks of treatment, people taking this diabetes medication had the following results:
• Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels were lowered by 0.7 percent to 0.8 percent.
• Fasting blood sugar levels were lowered by 19 mg/dL to 25 mg/dL.
• Bodyweight was reduced by 2.8 percent to 3.2 percent from their starting weight.
How to Take Jardiance 25 mg Tablet
The typical starting dosage of Jardiance for type 2 diabetes is 10 mg once daily. This dose is taken in the morning. If this dosage doesn’t lower your blood sugar levels enough (and it also doesn’t cause troubling side effects), your doctor may increase your dosage to 25 mg once daily. It can be taken with or without food. Swallow the tablet whole with a full glass of water. Continue taking this medicine for as long as your healthcare provider tells you.
If you do forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember, as long as it is more than 12 hours before your next dose is due. If it is less than 12 hours until your next dose, skip the missed dose but remember to take your next dose when it is due. Do not take two doses together or on the same day to make up for a forgotten dose.
Who should not take Jardiance 25mg?
You should not take this antidiabetic drug if you have:
• Type 1 diabetes
• Severe kidney problems
Before taking Jardiance 25mg tablets, you should inform your doctor if you:
• Have kidney problems
• Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Have liver problems
• Have low blood pressure
• Have a history of urinary tract infections
• Are 65 years old or older
• Take blood pressure medication
• Have high cholesterol levels
• Are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed
• Are on a low-salt diet
Jardiance 25 mg Side Effects
• Urinary tract infections, with symptoms such as burning while urinating, urinating more often, and cloudy urine
• Vaginal yeast infections, with symptoms such as itching, soreness, and pain while urinating
• Hypotension (low blood pressure)
• Increased low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels
• Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
• Trouble breathing
• Joint pain
• Skin rash
• Stomach pain
• Feeling tired
How to Store Jardiance 25mg Tablets
• Store Jardiance (Boehringer Empagliflozin 25 mg) at 25°C (77°F); excursions are permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F).
• Keep this diabetes medication tightly capped in its original container when not in use.
• Do not store it in the refrigerator unless directed to do so.
• Keep away from the stove or kitchen sink.
• Keep out of sunlight.
• Store it in a cool, dry place, protected from light. Exposure to light, heat, and moisture can accelerate the breakdown of medicines, which may reduce their efficacy or cause superficial changes, e.g. discoloration.
• Don’t leave the cotton plug in a medicine bottle. This can draw moisture into the container.
• Never leave medicines in a car. Heat can quickly destroy this antidiabetic medication.
Other strengths or forms of Jardiance 25 are available:
Alternatives to Jardiance 25(Generic or Substitute Brands)
Trending Products of Boehringer Ingelheim
Buy Jardiance 25 mg Online at Lowest Price From India
Drugssquare is an authorized retailer, exporter, and supplier of Jardiance Empagliflozin 25 mg tablets in the USA (United States of America), United Arab Emirates (UAE), Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Philippines, Thailand, United Kingdom (UK), Ukraine, Hong Kong, Iran, Russia, Australia, Vietnam, Indonesia, South Africa, Nigeria, Venezuela, South Korea, Chile, Japan, Ecuador, and other countries. We put patients first. If you want to purchase low-cost Boehringer Jardiance 25mg, place an order online with us today and we will deliver it directly to your door. Our specialty pharmacy strives to improve the lives of patients with diabetes by providing generic antidiabetic drugs with huge discounts and special offers. Follow these few simple steps to order your medicine online without any hassle –
2. Select the quantity and add a product to the cart.
3. Upload prescription & complete the checkout process.
4. Confirm your order and pay your bill online.
5. Once payment is received, we will send your medication to the shipping address you provided.
In order to legally purchase this medicine from DrugsSquare, you’ll require a prescription from your Registered Medical Practitioner.
All content found on Drugssquare.com, including text, images, or other formats, is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always consult your doctor or other qualified health professionals if you have any questions regarding your health, medicine, or medical condition. This pharmacy is present to deliver, supply, export, or dispense prescription and OTC medicines online directly to consumers/patients.