You have no items in your shopping cart.
Availability: In Stock
Brand Name : Voricort
Composition : Voriconazole
Manufactured by : Miracalus Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
Strength : 200 mg
Form : Tablets
Packing : Pack of 4 Tablets
Save an Extra $25 on Every Buy!
Valid for all users
What is Voricort 200 mg Tablet ?
Voricort medicine contains "Voriconazole 200 mg" as an active ingredient. Voriconazole is in a class of antifungal medications called triazoles. It is a prescription drug so never give it to other people even if their condition appears to be the same as yours.
When is Voricort 200 mg Tablet prescribed ?
Voricort (Voriconazole) is used to treat certain types of invasive (inside the body) fungal infections, specifically -
• Aspergillosis : Aspergillosis is caused by a fungus called Aspergillus. This infection begins in the lungs and spreads through the bloodstream to other organs.
• Esophageal Candidiasis : A yeast infection that may cause white patching in the mouth and throat and other yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds.
How Does Voricort (Voriconazole) Tablet Work ?
Voriconazole works by preventing fungi from producing a substance called ergosterol, which is a component of fungal cell membranes.
The cell membranes of fungi are vital for their survival. They allow unwanted substances to enter the cells and prevent the contents of the cells from leaking out. Without ergosterol as part of the cell membrane, the membrane is weakened and damaged and essential constituents of the fungal cells can leak out. This kills the fungi and hence clears up the infection.
What are the adverse effects of Voricort 200 mg Tablets ?
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medical treatment. Voricort may cause some serious, life-threatening side-effects, especially if you do not use them as recommended. The risk of getting side effects varies from person to person. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine :
Common Side Effects of Voricort Tablet : Headache ; Hair loss ; Fever ; Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain ; Constipation or indigestion ; Convulsions ; Insomnia ; Swelling of the face ; Skin reactions such as rashes, redness or itching etc.
Serious Side Effects of Voricort Tablet : Inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis) ; Low blood pressure ; Abnormal heart rhythms ; Chest or back pain ; Less or more urine ; Yellowing of eyes or skin ; Unusual bruising or bleeding etc.
These are not all the possible side effects of Voriconazole 200 mg tablet. If you notice any other side-effects, contact your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
What are the storage instructions for Voricort 200 mg ?
Many factors can damage your medication, including heat, air, light, and moisture. It’s important to keep in mind that where you store your medication can affect its potency and safety. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
• Voriconazole Tablets should be stored at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F); excursions permitted between 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F).
• Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
• Keep this medicine in its original bottle. Prescription and manufacturer bottles are created to protect the medication from light and moisture.
• Keep this anti-fungal drug in a safe place so that children & pets can not reach it.
• Keep Voricort in a place with good lighting so you can always read the label and take the correct amount.
• Consider storing your medication separately from those of your other family members. You could keep them on a different shelf or in a different cabinet or drawer.
In order to legally purchase this medicine from DrugsSquare, you’ll require a prescription from your Registered Medical Practitioner.
The information provided here is for general educational purposes only and does not constitute medical or pharmaceutical advice which should be sought from qualified medical and pharmaceutical advisers.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children and away from pets, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.