You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Hits: 302
Stomach Cancer Awareness Month - Let's find hope!
It’s time to acknowledge the fact that our tummy does a lot of hard work and we don’t appreciate it enough. We don’t do much or take its ardent care. Obesity, infection, food poisoning are some of the consequences, but the most deadly of them is Stomach Cancer.
November is the Stomach cancer awareness month and all we have to do is to spread awareness because it will save lives.
If we go by the statistics, then stomach cancer (Also known as gastric cancer) is the third leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide.
“According to a report by the World Health Organization, 723,000 people all over the world die from the fatalities of stomach cancer.”
So, let us all get our facts right about bladder problems.
Symptoms of Stomach Cancer
Any changes to your body should be noted quite often to make sure that you are aware of their body behaviour. People developing stomach cancer can have the following symptoms.
Early symptoms may include:
1. Getting a sensation of being full during meals.
2. When one gets swallowing difficulties, known as dysphagia.
3. If one is feeling bloated after meals.
4. Frequent burping.
6. Indigestion that does not seem to go away
7. Stomach ache, or the pain in the breastbone
8. Trapped wind
9. Vomiting containing blood
There are some symptoms, which should be seen as the serious and urgent action is required on them.
“In the United States alone, there are almost 25,500 new cases of gastric cancer every year.”
1. If you have a family history of stomach cancer or you have A blood type.
2. A person involved in smoking and alcohol abuse are also at a risk of developing stomach cancer.
3. If the age of a person is above 50 and is suffering from frequent indigestion.
4. If you are suffering from indigestion, unexpected weight loss, vomiting, or anaemia, as well as fatigue, and breathlessness.
Causes of Stomach Cancer
1. It occurs when the structure of DNA goes through a change. It damages and disrupts the instructions that control cell growth.
2. The process causes cells to grow and divide at a rapid rate and live longer than the normal cells.
3. It is still not known that why some stomach cells show this kind of behaviour of mutation and become cancerous. Also, why only a few people develop stomach cancer is still not known.
Facts to Notice
• Majority of people diagnosed with stomach cancer already have a metastasis or they develop it over time.
• 90-95% of all stomach cancers types are referred to as Adenocarcinoma.
• 10,800 deaths were estimated to occur in 2018 due to stomach cancer.
We have a lot of things to do in order to spread the necessary information about stomach cancer.
• We need to raise awareness and show our support and efforts to educate people everything about stomach cancer, including the risk factors, prevention, and early detection.
• You need to know the value of funding and support the cause by donating an additional amount and help research into early diagnosis and treatment for stomach cancer.
• Help spreading the word about the disease and raise funds for stomach cancer research.
• Ask for help, encourage people, and interested groups and organizations to observe and support Stomach Cancer Awareness Month through helpful events, programs and activities to promote public awareness and potential treatments for stomach cancer.
• We need to empower everyone by uniting the caring power of people affected worldwide by stomach cancer.