You have no items in your shopping cart.
Availability: In Stock
Brand Name : Valgacel
Composition : Valganciclovir Hydrochloride
Manufactured by : Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Strength : 450 mg
Form : Tablet
Packing : Pack of 10 Tablets
DHL/Fedex/UPS/Express Mail Service (EMS)
Valgacel 450 mg tablet is used in adults to prevent infection with cytomegalovirus (CMV) that may occur after an organ transplant (heart, kidney, or pancreas). This medicine is also indicated for the treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis (CMV retinitis - a serious viral eye infection of the retina) in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
Cytomegalovirus (CMV; a herpes virus) is the most common type of virus found in people who have received solid organ transplants. In patients with a weakened immune system, CMV can cause an infection in the body’s organs. This can be life-threatening. Antiviral drug, such as Valganciclovir, belongs to a group of medicines that work directly to prevent the growth of viruses. In the body, Valganciclovir (Valgacel) 450 mg tablet is changed into ganciclovir. Ganciclovir inhibits viral DNA polymerases, thereby reducing the risk of CMV disease, death from CMV disease, and clinical disease caused by herpes simplex viruses & herpes zoster.
This antiviral medicine is administered orally and should be taken with food. Always take it exactly as your doctor or pharmacist told you. Swallow tablets whole with a glass of water. Do not break or crush them.
Use in Adults - Treatment of CMV Retinitis in AIDS Patients
The recommended dose of Valgacel is 900 mg (two 450mg tablets) taken TWICE a day for 21 days (three weeks). After 21 days of treatment, the usual dosage is 900 mg (two 450 mg tablets) taken orally once a day.
Use in Adults - Prevention of CMV Disease in Transplantation Patients
• For adult patients who have received a heart or kidney-pancreas transplant, the recommended dosage is 900 mg (two 450 mg tablets) taken orally once a day starting within 10 days of transplantation until 100 days post-transplantation.
• For adult patients who have received a kidney transplant, the recommended dosage is 900 mg (two 450 mg tablets) taken orally once a day starting within 10 days of transplantation until 200 days post-transplantation.
• Abdominal pain
• Mild allergic reaction –the signs may include red, itchy skin
• Feeling short of breath
• High blood pressure
• Loss of appetite
• If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant you must tell your doctor. Taking Valgacel 450 mg tablet when you are pregnant could harm your unborn baby. Women of childbearing age must use effective contraception (e.g. condom, birth control pills, intrauterine device) when taking this antiviral medication and for at least 30 days after treatment has finished. Men whose partners could become pregnant should use condoms while taking Valganciclovir and should continue to use condoms for 90 days after treatment has finished.
• You must not take it if you are breast-feeding. If your doctor wants you to begin treatment with Valgacel you must stop breast-feeding before you start to take your tablets.
• Store Valgacel (Intas Valganciclovir) at 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F); excursions permitted to 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
• Store it in the original container. The manufacturer's bottles are created to protect the medicine from light and moisture and are childproofed.
• Do not leave this antiviral drug near an oven/stove, or in any other place where it may be exposed to heat.
• Keep it out of the reach of children.
• Store tablets in a cool, dry place. Humidity can break your pills, making them less effective.
Drugssquare is an authorized retailer, exporter, and supplier of Valgacel Valganciclovir 450 mg tablets in USA (United States of America), UK (United Kingdom), Philippines, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Singapore, Australia, Russia, Nigeria, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, South Korea, Peru, Chile, Russia, Indonesia, and other countries. We put patients first. If you want to purchase Intas Valgacel 450mg, place an order online with us today and we will deliver it directly to your door. Our specialty pharmacy strives to improve the lives of patients with cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection by providing generic antiviral drugs with huge discounts and special offers.
In order to legally purchase this medicine from DrugsSquare, you’ll require a prescription from your Registered Medical Practitioner.
All content found on Drugssquare.com, including text, images, or other formats, is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always consult your doctor or other qualified health professionals if you have any questions regarding your health, medicine, or medical condition. This pharmacy is present to deliver, supply, export, or dispense prescription and OTC medicines online directly to consumers/patients.